CLEANING AND DISINFECTING : in accordance with Ora’s Disinfection Policy # OH 0300
Ora has scheduled hourly touch-point sanitization for our gym. Additionally, all surfaces throughout the premises will be sanitized daily (workstations, computers, iPad screens, phones, office equipment, doorknobs, drawer pulls, light switches, restrooms, etc)
Along with daily staff cleaning assignments, the facility is cleaned nightly by competent janitorial staff to effectively clean floors, glass doors, touch points and properly dispose of garbage and waste. Ora has also employed the services of a professional cleaning company that specializes in COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection.
Cleaning & Sanitizing Procedure (done at the beginning and end of each individual workout)
- Members will use hand sanitizer as they enter the studio
- Members will clean all equipment they used before and after their workout with approved disinfectant
- Paper towels are discarded in the garbage bins
- Members will use hand sanitizer on the way out of the studio
Cleaning products and methods used are in accordance with the BC Centre for Disease Controls recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting in public settings. Ora uses Avmor EP66 Disinfectant for cleaning; we mix this solution according to the manufacturer’s specifications and routinely test it with test strips provided by the manufacturer to confirm accepted ratios for effective sanitization and safety of use.
HYGIENE : in accordance with Ora’s Hand Hygiene Policy # OH 0400:
Effective hand hygiene is mandatory for employees, staff are required to maintain an exemplary level of hand hygiene. An adequate supply of soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer are available for all personnel and members. Hand sanitizer stations are placed at entry points to the facility and at every door.
WEARING MASKS (PPE) : in accordance with Ora’s Control Measures Policy # OH 0500
All Ora staff are required to wear masks while on the premises and while interacting with each other and members. Members must wear masks while lined up outside, entering the studio and in all common areas except for inside their socially distant training space. Members must put on their mask to exit the studio.
HEALTH SCREENING : in accordance with Ora’s Control Measures Policy # OH 0500
All staff working in the studio have completed and signed a simple one-time health check declaration form that states that they agree not to come to work if:
- They have any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath; or
- They have been in contact with COVID-19; or
- They have traveled recently and are currently subject to a 14-day period of self-isolation.
Additionally, all staff must perform a mandatory pre-shift COVID-19 self-screening. All instances of an employee reporting feeling unwell are logged for future reference if required for contact tracing purposes.
Prior to entering our gym, members must complete the following COVID-19 Screening questions provided by our Ora app to book their time for attendance and enter our facility:
- Have you had a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days? Including: Fever, Cough, Sore throat, Runny nose, Nasal congestion?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada or been in close contact with someone that has, within the past 14 days?
- Do you care for/or have contact with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you care for/or have contact with anyone who has had a fever or symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19, are you currently awaiting results of a COVID-19 test?
- Have you attended any large events in the past 14 days for which you did not know the other attendees?
- Have you been instructed by Public Health to quarantine/isolate?
Members who answer ‘yes’ to any of the above questions will not be allowed entry to our studio. Signs posted at all entry points remind members that anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will be turned away. All staff have the right to refuse service to a member should they display signs of the illness.